PC NOMINATIONS OPEN NOW!
Nominations for six members to the Pastoral Council (previously known as the Pastoral Leadership Council) are open from Friday, June 16 through Thursday, June 29, 2017. You may nominate yourself or another parishioner. Nomination forms are available in the Commons and below.
- Two years of active membership in the parish. This qualification may be waived by the Pastor where special needs of the Pastoral Council can be met.
- Regular participation in worship and stewardship including involvement in one parish ministry.
- Gifts and skills in active listening and strategic planning.
Process for Selection
- A roster of candidates will result from self nomination or nomination by other members and ministries of the parish.
- Each candidate will complete a statement of qualifications, skills, gifts and talents.
- A Recommending Committee will conduct an evening of discernment for nominees and interviews and make recommendations to the Pastor.
- Nominations are accepted from Friday, June 16 through Thursday, June 29, 2017.
- Discernment process for nominees completed July 2017.
- Appointments effective for 4 years terms from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2021.
- The Pastoral Council meets on the first Thursday of the month.
Questions? Contact Joan Kennedy at 757-727-9233.
The Pastoral Council (PC) is an advisory body of 12 parishioners, appointed by the Pastor to 4 year terms after a nomination and discernment process. Our Pastor consults the PC to help him make wise decisions that are responsive to the unique identity and priorities of the Immaculate Conception parish community.
The Council’s primary function is to engage, at the direction of the Pastor, in the three tasks of pastoral planning: consider thoroughly, reflect thoughtfully and recommend wisely.
The PC engages in the following tasks.
- Provide strategic planning support for the parish, ministries and other matters referred by the Pastor.
- Assist the Pastor in communicating parish plans, priorities and activities and receiving input from parishioners.
- Maintain data and provide reflections, reviews and recommendations on parish ministries.
The PC meets on the first Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Meeting times and date changes are announced in the bulletin.